Indomitable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INDOMITABLE OF SURAMAR

HomeProgressionGalleryRosterRecruitmentLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Indomitable FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sigmortis
Admin
Sigmortis

Indomitable FAQ  Empty
PostSubject: Indomitable FAQ    Indomitable FAQ  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:25 am

Q: What is Indomitable?

Indomitable is a PVE oriented guild focused on End Game progression. We do PVP from time to time but it is not the focus of our guild.

Q: Is there an age limit?

Indomitable has no age limit. We provide an environment in which serious, progression-minded players have the opportunity to progress in the "End Game" of WoW. Said environment is composed of gamers with an average age of roughly 25 years old. That being the case, you can expect harsh criticism. You can also expect rampant douche-baggery and sexual humour. You can expect excessive swearing and you'll meet some of the most vile human beings this planet has produced to date. You can expect us to get real serious, real fast.

If you are uncomfortable with any of that, you are no good to us.

Q: How do I apply?

Go to our Application Template page and fill out the questions. Then post your filled out template as a new topic in the Recruitment Forums.

Q: When do we raid?

Raids are scheduled for Wed, Thurs, & Sat (6:30 - 9/10 pm PST depending on RL discretion). We have 10 man instances after progression runs and on non-progression days. Applicants can be invited to attend any of these events, but are not brought on progression runs unless specifically requested by the raid leader.

Q: What do we raid?

We are currently working on 25man ICC and 25man Trial of the Grand Crusader.

Q: How do we handle loot?

Loot distribution is decided via officers. The raid leader will solicit whispers on various items during the raid and all officers will cast their vote on whom to award an item. Assignment of loot is determined by a number factors: Raid attendance, raid performance, seniority and Priority of Rank:

Guild Leader>Officer>Lieutenant (Class Leader)>Made (Raider)>Soldier (Casual Raider)>Associates (Real Life Friends)>Alts

The Guild Leader (Ominous, aka The Don) reserves the right to trump the vote if there is a disagreement; in the event the GM is not present, the raid leader will have the last call.

Q: What kind of gear/spec do I need?

Your gear should reflect an understanding of your class/role and have spent time acquiring the best possible gear available either for PvE or PvP depending on the scenario. Ex: re spec'ing Arms/Fury while wearing Protection gear does not make a DPS Warrior for PvE. More so, you're expected to maintain a specific spec for raiding, approved by the appropriate Class Leader. Ex: deciding you're bored of main tanking and suddenly you wish to dps and show up expecting to raid w/o discussing this with your CL is grounds for possible penalties.

Also, We do not appreciate excuses like, "I had to respec to do Arena/PvP/Farming," either. If you cannot work around our raid schedule and mandate the gold it costs to PvP ON YOUR OWN TIME this is not the guild for you. Your application is dependent on meeting the needs of what we recruited you to do and we expect to see this in our raids. Arena and Battleground gear is a stepping stone to achieving progression thus it should not be the end result of the hard work we put into raiding.

Q: Do I need any raiding experience?

Yes/No. You are expected to study up on all encounters prior to the raid and come prepared to listen to and follow directions. Anything you are unfamiliar with during an encounter needs to be asked BEFORE the encounter starts. You must possess the ability to 'think on your feet' when it comes to raiding; many of the bosses in WoTLK have little room for error. The raid leader will NOT hold your hand and if you can't do your job, we will find someone who can.

Q: Do I require any mods or voice chat to be installed?

Yes/Yes. We have a policy regarding mods that will be enforced. Everyone has their own personal choices for mods such as KTM or Omen but if everyone is using a different 'bar mod' or 'aggro mod' then data may be mistakenly reported. These are the mods required if you intend to raid with us:

Omen ThreatMeter
Deadly Boss Mods
Ventrilo

Excuses such as "my computer can't handle this mod," or, "I'm a Healer why do I need a threat meter?" are laughable. These mods are very lenient on current PC's and most load On-Demand, such as Deadly Boss Mods. You can disable them in your spare time if needed but on a raid THEY ARE REQUIRED TO BE ACTIVATED. No mod, no raid, it's that simple. You are not required to have a mic, persay, for voice chat but the ability to LISTEN to the raid leader and any strategy info is crucial. There may be additional mods required by the GM/Raid Leader but those will be determined on an as needed basis.

Q: What if I wish to be casual?

We keep tabs on our members. Joining the guild after having a stellar application process and suddenly "real life duties" take a toll on your schedule causing you to AFK a lot during raids will likely result in demotion or guild removal. We understand there are circumstances beyond your control occasionally but we also expect that you be honest about your expectations. Simply logging online and being at the zone doesn't necessarily guarantee you a raid slot. If you're consistently late, AFK, or goofing around there will be penalties, plain and simple.

Now in the event you apply to Indomitable and specifically state you are here to enjoy the atmosphere of the guild and possibly join a raid or so forth if a spot is available (ex: real life friends hanging out with buddies) that's A-OK. We have a special rank for such a person and are more than willing to invite you to the guild. However, if you intend to raid you are still expected to meet the requirements for our raids: mods, class/spec, etc. If you desire to work your way up to a higher rank you must meet the criteria for each rank, judged by the leadership, over the weeks.

Q: Do you tolerate ALT characters?

We ask that you apply to our guild with ONE character, namely the avatar you play 100% of the time. Multiple characters are A-OK but when you are asked to "log on your main" you'll need to be on the character we recruited. Joining us and begging to bring your alts to a raid instead of your main due to an overabundance of your class online or because you're bored will result in penalties.

Q: What are all these penalties you speak of?

Various actions within the guild such as spastic outbursts during a raid that causes unnecessary disruption, demeaning the leadership, or misuse of the guild bank are punishable by a Three Strike system. This is kept private on the Officer Boards to maintain professionalism and save people embarrassment.

The 1st offense will result in a verbal warning.
The 2nd offense will result in a demotion of rank and/or suspension of loot privileges.
The 3rd offense will result in a guild removal.

Members who are guild removed may re-apply to Indomitable after 14 days, to give them time to think about their actions. Guild removal is a last resort option for any decision but will be upheld. These decisions cannot be appealed.

Q: Whom do I contact for more information or with any questions I may have?

Contact an officer (Ominous, Tekkteani, Yakshini, or Bexl) in-game or through a PM on these boards. You may also whisper the appropriate class leader if they are available. Use common courtesy and do not expect an immediate response if we are in an instance. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://indomitable.board-directory.net

Indomitable FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indomitable  :: Recruitment Forum :: Recruitment Forums-
Jump to: